Our History


Built in 1870...

queen Victoria

Camisky Lodge was built 1870 by Lord Arbinger, who was an officer in the Crimean War. He is more famously known for building Inverlochy Castle, also situated in Torlundy, Fort William, where he once entertained Queen Victoria and her ghillie, John Brown, in 1873.

Edward and Mrs Simpson

Lady Annie Henrietta Yule (1903-1957), following the death of her husband, commissioned the building of a luxury ocean going yacht named Nahlin, which she used for entertaining her many friends and associates from around the world, and for extended trips overseas including a global circumnavigation. A favourite place was Fort William, where she fished the River Lochy from Camisky Lodge.

In 1935, Nahlin made a special trip to Fort William. Guests on board included the Prince of Wales and his wife to be, Mrs Wallace Simpson, who then stayed for a week at Camisky Lodge. The following year, the Prince, now Kind Edward VIII, abdicated the throne.

Harry Potter

The Inverness-shire country features regularly in many blockbuster movies, including the Harry Potter franchise. The most notable landmark is the Glenfinnan Viaduct, which appears in Harry Potter and the Chamber of SecretsHarry Potter and The Prizoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; as part of the West Highland Line, it connects Fort William with the port of Mallaig.

Current Owners

Camisky Lodge is currently owned by Caroline and Michael Mann, whose family home is situated in Wiltshire.